Don’t miss the new tutorials I’ll be starting in Vegas Pro 14! The Sony is missing, because Sony no longer has the Vegas line or Movie Studio, instead, in the early part of September, MAGIX, a German software and app company has it now!! So if you have purchased any of the Movie Studios or Vegas programs, watch this video!
Vegas Pro 14 is Released Worldwide!
For those who have not heard yet, MAGIX, a German software and app company acquired about 90% of Sony products, like VEGAS Pro and Movie Studio. In the music department, the famous new additions Sound Forge, ACID, and SpectraLayers will be added to MAGIX diverse audio portfolio.
On September 20, 2016, MAGIX has released Vegas Pro 14 worldwide!
I was able to get my paws on this new release, so I will check everything out, and begin tutorials in the new version as soon as I possibly can!
I love when the opportunity comes around where I can check out a new software! It’s serious playtime! I’ll be awake for hours, then begin tutorials ASAP! the first tutorial will be just a walk through. I already have looked at the program, the settings, and some of the functions, and for the most part, it looks similar to Vegas Movie Studio, some of the transitions are the same, the video fx, the timeline, except there is something that is not there, like in Vegas Movie Studio. It has a much more professional look to it, but, you’ll see what I mean when I get there! I am really excited to get started!
If you clicked on the new website address for Vegas Creative Software and found it was incorrect, my apologies! I corrected my mistake.
C. J. Grace
YouTube Video Intro
I have not been able to work on any new tutorials as there has been many things going on personally, good and bad. However, I have found some time to work on updating my YouTube video intros. The intro seen here is the first one I have completed so far. I have a few more in mind for my ToGraphic4U YouTube channel, and I would like some input.
Video intros can make a big impact on viewership, as they can, believe it or not, make a viewer decide, besides the Video Thumbnail, whether they want to watch your video or not. If the intro is too long, that kind of makes people leave your channel and check out another one! Viewers want to get right to the point, I know I do!
Leave me a comment on the
Contact page: http://tographic4u.com/contact/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ToGraphic4U,
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/Tographic4u
I have wanted to make my video intros shorter for some time now, yet still keep the description of what my videos include. I don’t think it’s too short.
This intro was made possible by http://ramindigital.com/
You can find some amazing and awesome FREE files for your videos too! The text in the files that you download can be changed to what you want. Not only can you get free video intros, but this guy even offers free tutorials how to download, change the text, download the sound files/music files, and sync the audio with the videos. I will also offer tutorials on how it’s done as well as soon as possible!
In the second part of this tutorial I will be in Sony Vegas Movie Studio, showing you how to make your end card part of your video, and how to place your videos in the place holders.
After this tutorial will follow the next, which is Part 3, which takes place in YouTube.
I hope you enjoy the video.
When beginner’s are new to video editing and are deciding which video editing program to purchase, it can be difficult to choose which one.
So how can you decide?
One way to make a decision, which is how I’ve always done it, is to check out the reviews. Another way, but more time consuming, is to download trials that may be available. Sony Creative Software offers trials of all the latest versions of Sony Movie Studio. Of course, one thing to consider is how old is your computer? If your computer is at least 2 years old!
I personally would go with the latest version, which is not expensive at all, of course, it will all depend on where you purchase it. Amazon is the best place for me!
Now if you haven’t noticed, Sony does not even use Vegas anymore. Now it’s just called Sony Movie Studio! With Sony Movie Studio, you can choose from 3 options on Amazon:
Platinum, Suite, and Studio. The image you see above is just Sony Movie Studio 13.
- Touch enabled for touch PC’s
- Add professional style and energy with transitions, titles, and video effects
- You can easily upload your finished movies on YouTube and Facebook without leaving the application
- Help bubbles for easy guidance
- Adjust your video to playback in slow or fast motion
Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit or Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit (including Windows 8.1)
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended) IEEE-1394DV card (for DV capture and print-to-tape)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders) 512 MB GPU memory
- Windows-compatible sound card DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only) Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc burning only)
- Microsoft . NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Apple QuickTime 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service) Supported Formats Import: AAC, AA3, AIFF, AVI, BMP, CDA, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, OGG, PCA, PNG, QuickTime, SND, SFA, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV Export: AAC, AIFF, AVC, AVI, BMP, FLAC, JPEG, LPEC, MP3, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, OGG, PCA, PNG, TIFF, QuickTime, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV
- A complete suite for your digital life
- Contains: Movie Studio 13 Platinum, ACID Music Studio 10, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
- Extras: Boris FX Continuum Units, FXHOME Hit Film plug-ins, iZotope Vocal Eraser, NewBlueFX 3D Titling and Video Effects, Studio Devil British Valve Custom Guitar Amp, 50 Sony Sound Series: Production Music Soundtracks
- Create video in beautiful 4K (ultra HD) XAVCS or AVCHD, develop original music, and enhancemultichannel audio
- Weave your ideas into videos that can be uploaded directly to Facebook or burned toa DVD or Blu-ray Disc
This version is affordable and has some really nice extra features!
This version includes:
- Easy and powerful video editing
- Native 4K XAVC S file format support
- Upload directly to Facebook
- Touch-enabled for touch PCs
- Help bubbles for easy guidance
- Author DVD and Blu-ray Disk with DVD Architect, which is included!
Now I haven’t listed all the features with these programs, there’s just too much to list.
So basically depending on how old your computer is, I would go with an earlier version if your computer is more than 2 years old.
I hope this helps you in deciding which version to go with, or even which video editing program to go with. I’m sort of partial to the Sony video editing programs!
On an addition note, I have said in the past not to go with the download version, only because I’d rather have the actual program in my hands. If my computer crashes, I want the software to reinstall. The current version I have, Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD11, I had the actual program in my hands, however, I was unable to install the program for whatever reason I have no clue, but I had to end up downloading it from the Sony Creative website. Once I downloaded the program, I was able to activate it with the keycode. I got a little more than I bargained for, because the version I purchased at a local store, was just Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11, the download version was HD11. Now the Sony website no longer has this version I’m using, but Amazon does at a very affordable price!
Yes or No for Three Second Video Intros?
YouTube is doing away with their 3 Second branded video intros, a feature they released around the end of April or the first part of May 2013. However, due the the demand of requests from YouTubers, that feature will no longer be available, unless you opted for it at the beginning, and wish to continue.
I personally like the intro, and though you were given the choice to have your intro after a certain date, you really couldn’t add it only to the videos you wanted. For example, I don’t want the intro on my tutorial videos, only where I appear in front of the camera, (talking head videos), which is usually when I do a product review.
I was kind of bummed out when I first heard that YouTube was getting rid of the intro feature, because that was going to be in one of my Photoshop tutorials, which is why I started my Sony Vegas Movie Studio tutorials. However, I can still proceed, because now you can choose which videos you want your intro on!
Leave a comment and tell me what you think!
C. J. Grace
ToGraphic4U March 6, 2015
I had intended to release the first video tutorial in Sony Vegas Movie Studio on Friday the 13th! But as usual, life got in the way. Well, as the saying goes, “better late than never”.
So if you do not have any version of Vegas Movie Studio, or cannot find it in your budget at this time, you can always download a version of your choice for a FREE 30-day trial from the Sony Creative website.
If you are a total newb, I don’t advise you purchase, or download a free trial, a Pro version. If however you already have a pro version and you still don’t know where to begin, I recommend you head over to Movie Studio Zen, where you will find an expert in all of the Pro, Platinum, and Suite versions.
If you plan on purchasing the cheapest available version on Amazon, I do not recommend you opt for the download version, rather, order the actual program in your hands, and be sure it is an HD version.
Now as I have stated in a previous video, the reason I’m starting these tutorials, is for a couple of my upcoming Photoshop tutorials, which includes steps that cannot be done in Windows Movie Maker. After the Photoshop tutorials however, I will continue Vegas Movie Studio tutorials, which will include subjects like:
- Green screen tutorial
- Lower Thirds
- How to Split Video
- How to Overlay
- Picture in Video
- Video in Video
- How to Fast Forward
- How to Slo-Mo
And much more!